Oversees warehouse activities for shipping, receiving, and product storage to maintain efficient and effective warehouse operations. Manages day-to-day activities of warehouse employees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing inventory, supplies, misc. stock, warehouse equipment, racking, and other storage areas to maximize efficient movement of goods and optimize utilization of space.
- Routes inbound and outbound freight to achieve best delivery service at the lowest possible cost. Traces shipments and files claims with carriers as necessary. Evaluates and make recommendations for alternative freight solutions.
- Supervises and coordinates all warehouse activities for proper receipt, storage, movement, transaction recording, and timely delivery of product to internal and external customers including all plastic recycling efforts.
- Schedules and assigns day-to-day activities and manages performance of warehouse staff.
- Ensures compliance with company safety goals and procedures for all warehouse processes.
- Keeps company vehicles, equipment, docks, and storage areas in good working condition, and maintains all work spaces in a clean, orderly fashion.
- Performs regular audit cycle counting with record reconciliation to achieve accurate perpetual inventory.
- Reviews future workloads and resources in order to identify areas of improvement.
- Develop and train new staff members.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
3 years experience managing raw material and finished goods warehouse, 2 years supervisory experience, Forklift certified, RF scanners, WMS, ERP system knowledge, MS Office, excellent written and verbal communication skills, collaborative problem solver, analytical, able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Bi-lingual, IQMS, ISO 9001/13485, Six Sigma green or yellow belt.
Bachelors degree preferred with concentration in supply chain or logistics or equivalent education and experience.
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field