The Senior Systems Administrator supports the IT department in ensuring continuity of IT services by providing technical expertise and assistance. Manages and directs the day-to-day activities of the Help Desk Technician.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, maintains, administers, and monitors all IT related components (security, internet, email, file servers, wireless system, scanners, ERP system, network related devices, etc.) to ensure minimal interruption to operations.
- Serves as resident subject matter expert for ERP system.
- Repairs and recovers from hardware and software failures experienced by users. Responds to elevated help desk requests.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifies the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, reviews system and application logs, and verifies completion of scheduled backups.
- Performs supervisory duties for the Help Desk Technician including direction on day-to-day activities, career development, training, and performance management.
- Researches and recommends innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks and system standards and enhancements.
- Purchases hardware, phones, TV’s and other ancillary equipment
- Serves as back-up to Help Desk Technician as needed.
- Manages IT projects and other duties as directed and/or assigned.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office; ERP system; Windows server (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, et); FTP; VPN; Switches; Firewalls; Wireless Networking, VOIP systems, security management, virtualization, (MS Hyper-V,), disaster recovery plans, system documentation. Technical knowledge in order to troubleshoot and solve problems, organized, analytical, able to prioritize tasks, good verbal and written communication skills, collaborative, time management, self-starter, able to work under time constraints, excellent interpersonal skills, customer service mindset. At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
IQMS, Oracle, SQL, Crystal reports, MCSA certification, Shortel/Mitel, Unifi wireless, Netgear switches, familiarity with CAD software, Network+ and Security+, manufacturing, Linux, surveillance/camera systems.
Education Level / Required Certification:
Associate's degree in Computer Science or Technology or equivalent from a 2-year technical school; and 5+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field