This is an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented Process/Molding Technician to work for a growing plastic injection molding company, located in the western suburbs of Chicago. This skilled and experienced candidate will have direct involvement with start-up, shut down and troubleshooting of the injection molding processes as well as all related automation equipment. In this position the technician will perform basic programming Servo robotic equipment and make any necessary adjustments to ensure the automation is operating efficiently. The technician assists with setting up injection molding machines and all related auxiliary equipment to allow the manufacture of product that meets or exceeds the established quality levels. Occasionally, this technician would assist with new mold samples and provide full documentation on all processing parameters, as well as be able to exercise the authority to quarantine suspect product. This individual is also responsible for verifying that process parameters have been accurately set per the process specification mold qualification (PSMQ) documentation. Because the Process Technician has specialized knowledge and processing expertise, they need to be willing to mentor and assist in training the Set-up Technicians. This position may also be called upon to assume supervisory responsibilities when needed.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent with 2 to 4 years injection molding experience
- Familiar with Toyo, Arburg and Wittmann
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook & Word)
- Basic knowledge with an ERP system (IQMS preferred)
- LSR experience is a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining quality and safety standards
- Sound communication skills and excellent problem-solving ability
- Perform all duties in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
- Possess skills required to improvise and adapt where needed
- Bilingual helpful (not necessary)
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field