Performs and oversees the setup, start-up, shut down, and troubleshooting of the molding processes during normal production runs. Ensures machine is running at established Overall Equipment Efficiency Standards (OEE). Responsible for the management of established quality levels (MRB level).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up molds and production equipment including robots, auxiliary equipment, automation, etc.
- Troubleshoots and identifies root cause issues of injection molding process and production equipment.
- Performs established shift preventative maintenance and TPM tasks.
- Maintains production data collection to include process change, downtime, and setup time.
- Ensures all processes are running within established control limits (MRB and OEE).
- Prepares first and last piece shots for Quality Control.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Assists in training operators.
- Records root causes for production interruptions.
- Maintains and continuously improves 5-S standards within work cell.
- Supports and follows all internal work instructions and ISO 9001 & ISO 13485 efforts including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) where applicable.
- Performs established audits and tasks using Leader Standard Work.
Mechanical aptitude, self-starter, team player, problem solving skills, attention to detail, good communication skills both written and verbal.
IQMS, scientific molding/decoupled molding, lean manufacturing principles, root cause analysis, continuous improvement, ERP system familiarity, leadership ability, decision making, 2-4 years injection molding experience, basic pick and place robotic knowledge (ladder logic).
Education Level / Required Certification:
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field