Plans, organizes and directs the daily plant operations including safety, product quality, and manufacturing processes. Ensures established Overall Equipment Efficiency Standards (OEE), safety and quality standards are achieved. Manages the performance and development of Shift Supervisors.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes the daily production plan and evaluates potential equipment and staffing challenges in order to ensure execution of plan.
- Partners with cross functional teams to determine and execute resolution of quality issues detailed in Material Review Board (MRB) meetings and ensure that OEE standards are achieved.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives such as A3, to track and complete projects related to cost reduction and process improvements.
- Works with Safety Coordinator to drive safety initiatives and participates in GEMBA walks.
- Manages the performance and development of the Shift Supervisors, including interviewing, hiring, training, recognition, discipline and termination. Works with HR to resolve employee relations issues.
- Assists in identifying and executing training plant-wide.
- Supports the execution of Corrective Action Report (CAR).
- Assists with troubleshooting machine/equipment issues.
Minimum 5 years’ experience managing an injection molding manufacturing facility and 3 years supervisory experience. Thorough knowledge of injection molding practices and processes, tooling and quality assurance. Ability to influence and manage change, excellent verbal and written communication skills, cross functional leadership skills, highly organized and detail oriented. Project management and continuous improvement tools and concepts. Ability to make decisions within tight time constraints and solve complex problems in a timely manner. MS Office and ERP system familiarity, flexible, excellent interpersonal skills and conflict management skills. Strong math skills.
IQMS, Six Sigma Green Belt, PMP, Solidworks, bi-lingual Spanish, ability to interpret engineering drawings, A3, ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 Standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing Management or equivalent education and experience.
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field