Responsible for installing, troubleshooting, modifying, rebuilding and repairing injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment including PLC’s, robotics, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and conveyor systems.
- Installs and modifies new and existing injection molding equipment. Completes preventative maintenance tasks as scheduled.
- Performs maintenance and repairs of buildings, fixtures and grounds including HVAC, roofing, plumbing and electrical systems. Performs and develops preventative maintenance checklists and intervals for PM completion on presses, robots, conveyors, and facilities equipment.
- Assists in the training of Supervisors, Process Techs, Set-Up Prep Techs and Material Handlers regarding machine maintenance and operation.
- Implements and executes safety related improvements on machines, auxiliary equipment and facilities.
- Installs auxiliary mold connections to presses.
- Updates preventative maintenance work order checklists.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineers and Process Engineers with project implementations such as wiring of automation interface with presses and robots.
- Creates schematics for auxiliary projects
Requires at least 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Technician in injection molding manufacturing. Ability to read schematics and troubleshoot PLC’s, strong knowledge of engineering concepts including pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, conveyor and mechanical systems, HVAC and plumbing. Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects and work under tight deadlines. Analytical and detail oriented, able to work with all levels within the organization, ERP knowledge, root cause analysis, ability to use variety of hand and power tools, overhead cranes, mills, lathes, arc welder. Proven safety record
IQMS, MSOffice, blueprint reading, HVAC certified, knowledge of water-based industrial processes, PLC programming.
Education Level / Required Certification:
High School diploma, GED or equivalent. Prefer Associate’s Degree or 2-4 years of Technical or Trade School or equivalent education and experience.
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field
- 2nd and 3rd Shift Machine Operators and Assemblers
- Process Technician
- Manufacturing Manager
- Maintenance Technician (1)
- Project Manager