The Safety Coordinator manages the Company health and safety programs and ensures regulatory compliance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops, promotes and maintains safety and health programs, policies and training programs. Coaches employees at all levels to ensure strong safety culture exists and is maintained.
• Ensures compliance and regulatory practices are followed as required by OSHA. Advises manufacturing team of regulatory changes.
• Conducts safety hazard inspections to identify potential hazards and make recommendations to reduce risk of injury.
• Investigates safety incidents (injuries, near misses) and assists in root cause analysis. Collaborates with medical providers and insurance carrier on claim management and return to work programs.
• Creates, maintains and posts OSHA logs as required. Processes reporting for all work-related injuries.
Participates in new hire orientation.
Leads and directs the safety committee.
Manages the SDS system and all related documentation.
Ensures necessary inventory of PPE related equipment is on hand.
Knowledge of OSHA regulations and reporting. Collaborative, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to coach and influence, strong MS Office skills, ability to create training materials, time management skills, previous manufacturing experience, previous management of worker’s compensation claims.
CSP certification, Vairkko learning management system.
Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Public Health or related field and minimum two (2) years’ experience in an Environmental Health & Safety role in a manufacturing environment.
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field