Develops and implements department goals and strategies that supports established top-level organizational goals and objectives. Directs and coordinates, project management, design engineering and tooling engineering functions and related personnel. Provides support to Sales, Materials, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance areas.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical direction and managerial oversight to ensure that tooling and product designs result in the most efficient product manufacturability, utilize materials and processes which minimize product manufacturing costs and meet customer specifications, expectations and timelines.
- Owns and manages the APQP & ECO processes.
- Assists with solutions to customer concerns both internal and external and visits customers as required to investigate problems or as Sales & Marketing requests for support.
- Provides technical leadership and documentation relating to delivery, design, tooling, materials and methods related to manufacturing.
- Optimizes staffing performance by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of the company quality system.
- Provide support to assist the implementation and ongoing activities relating to continuous improvement and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Supports and follows all internal work instructions and ISO 13485 & ISO 9001 efforts.
10+ years in the plastic injection molding sector with a minimum 5 years’ experience at the Engineering Manager/Director level related to product design and development of new products. Program/project management, ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents/drawings. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts. Demonstrated leadership skills, ability solve complex problems. Design software such as Solidworks, tooling design and good understanding of the injection molding process.
IQMS, ISO standards 13485 and 9001.
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field