In this role, you will manage the shift activities including safety, machine set-up and start up, and product quality while ensuring standard production rates are met. You will also supervise the 3rd shift hourly staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the shift activities including safety, coordinating machine set-up and start up, part quality and ensuring standard production rates are met.
- Assists in troubleshooting mechanical and process issues and identifies root causes. Submits work orders for unsolvable issues.
- Sets priorities, assigns work, allocates resources and schedules overtime.
- Works with HR as needed to carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing concerns, and resolving problems.
- Conducts daily shift change meeting with the previous shift supervisor, process techs, lead operators and quality personnel to discuss all issues relating to the shop floor.
- Completes production reports and enters all production related data in ERP system.
- Assists in training of operators to ensure that part quality and standard productions rates are maintained.
- Ensures safety standards are met. Records and reports near miss and safety concerns/incidents
Injection molding knowledge, at least 2 years supervisory experience, previous manufacturing experience, ability to make decisions in short time frame, ability to troubleshoot equipment/machine issues, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, able to adapt management style to audience, teamwork, ability to make decisions and understand both short and long-term implications. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
IQMS, A3 knowledge, maintenance and tooling knowledge
High School diploma, GED or equivalent
Applying for an open position at Wise Plastics Technologies is fast and easy.
Please complete the following information and click “APPLY NOW”. Candidates with a resume (resume not required) may attach it below prior to submitting their information:
* Denotes required field
- Sr. Systems Administrator
- Director of Engineering
- 2nd and 3rd Shift Machine Operators and Assemblers
- Process Technician
- Engineering Manager
- 3rd Shift Supervisor (9:30 pm - 5:30 am)